The 2012 food truck season is off to a great start thanks to the amazing support of so many Edmontonians! A good amount of media coverage doesn’t hurt either. Here’s some of the news coverage we have received in recent weeks:
- We were so excited to see What the Truck?! listed as one of the Best Food Festivals or Events in Vue Weekly’s Golden Fork Awards for 2012! They also wrote a preview of our upcoming event.
- Sympatico Lifestyle borrowed our name for the headline of their article on food trucks across Canada!
- In case you missed it, The Unknown Studio did a feature on The Act and the local food truck scene back in early May.
- Century Hospitality’s VP Culinary Paul Shufelt enjoyed his trip to one of our Truck Stop events in May and mentioned it in his Edmonton Sun column!
- Liane Faulder has been a big supporter of our events and has mentioned Truck Stop on her blog many times. She also wrote a longer piece on What the Truck?! and food trucks in Edmonton for the Journal.
- Foosh wrote an awesome profile of our Truck Stop events featuring some really great photos!
- Isabelle also wrote a great review of Truck Stop, and highlighted the gluten free options that have been available.
- Dan from Lite 95.7 wrote about Truck Stop on his blog!
- Breakfast Television covered Al Fresco recently and featured Filistix and The Act as a preview to Saturday’s big event! There are four video segments: 1, 2, 3, 4.
- Last but not least, here’s a video from Shaw TV talking about What the Truck?!
And of course, there has been the whole bylaw/guideline story with Drift. I wrote about that here.
With our largest event ever taking place this Saturday, I’m sure there will be even more food truck news to celebrate in the coming weeks!