Get ready for a throwdown, with four of Edmonton’s food trucks vying for ginger beef supremacy this Friday!
What: Ginger Beef Throwdown
When: May 17, 2013
Where: Royal Alberta Museum, 12845 102 Avenue
The start time is actually 5pm!
To whet your appetite, here are the menus:
- The Act Ginger Beef Slider – a homemade ginger-spiced beef patty with a daikon and carrot slaw and sesame soy mayo
- The Act Fries – served with sriracha mayo
- Ginger Beef Bacon BLT – house made tender ginger marinated beef bacon served on a fresh egg bun with lettuce, tomato, sesame mayo and pickled red cabbage
- Bully Mac – a unique blend of six cheeses including Velveeta all married together to make our signature cheese gravy that tops a cheesy baked mac ‘n’ cheese
- Ginger Beef (aka Szechuan Beef) – a favourite at The Lingnan for over 20 years, our from-scratch recipe was developed in house [gluten free]
Smokehouse Ginger Beef – injected and slow smoked beef brisket thinly sliced, with wasabi coleslaw, ginger sauce and toasted sesame seeds
Pig Balls – risotto rice balls stuffed with pulled pork and caramelized onions, breaded and deep fried, finished with chipotle raspberry BBQ sauce
Home Style Blue Cheese Potato Chips – thinly sliced deep fried spicy potato chips topped with blue cheese dressing, crumbled blue cheese and crumbled bacon
All items are priced at $5, cash only.
Be sure to also check out the Chop Suey on the Prairies exhibit, which will be open until 8pm.
See you there!
4 thoughts on “Truck Stop: Ginger Beef Throwdown on May 17, 2013”
WOW! Gluten free ginger beef, very exciting!
My celiac daughter is always extremely well looked after at the Lingnan — and their ginger beef is high on our list!