We are less than 2 weeks away from our last event of the year! With 25 trucks, the most we’ve ever had in the history of What The Truck?!, we’re releasing the menus early so you can plan to feast accordingly.
What: What the Truck?! at Churchill Square
Where: Sir Winston Churchill Square Edmonton
When: Friday, September 12, 2014
Here are the menus for the following 25 trucks:
- Duck Tots – Tater tots topped with Thai braised duck, hoisen aioli, lime sriracha, herbs and peanuts
- Peacemaker Burger – Signature HUNburger patty, Thai peanut butter, strawberry sriracha jam on brioche
- Attila Dog – topped with pineapple relish, Chinese cabbage, spicy coconut sauce, herbs and peanuts (available vegetarian)
- The New Orleans’ Muffaletta Sandwich
- ‘The Baton Rouge’ Cajun Jambalaya Sandwich
- Big City Fresh Cut Fries
- FUN DO!!!!!!! – It is exactly what name says !! Double Creamy BULLY CHEESE Sauce, baby Mozzarella and Calabrese Skewer, Prosciutto and Parmesan Bread sticks, Crispy Smoked Pig Tail and House made Apple Beer Pickles
- Candied Pecan Smoked Pork Steak with Corn Bread Stuffing and Collard Greens – Brine and Smoked Pork Shoulder Steak Grilled and served on Corn Bread Stuffing, Smokey Collard Greens and Rich Pecan Jus
- Turkey Cordon Blue – If you have ever had Cordon Blue this is Kicked up!! Marinated fresh local organic Hutterite Turkey, house made Ham, Swiss Cheese topped with Alberta Whiskey Mushroom Sauce, served on Lemon Scented Rice Pilaf and house dressed Field mix Greens
- South African BUNNY CHOW!! – “Big”,” Bold” and “Delicious” are all words associated with this spicy South African dish. And so it would suit BULLY FOOD TRUCK. Big bold flavor with our usual Twist on the Original! We are using Alberta Beef Brisket instead of Lamb. Nothing against Lamb but we live in Alberta and this is Beef Country!! Seasoned and seared Beef Brisket, slowly Braised with Onions with a Curry influence. Served in a hollowed out house made South African beer Bread, rich Sauce, a Cool Drizzle, and Autumn salad.
- Mini donuts, fresh squeezed lemonade, fudge, candy apples, caramel popcorn, ice cream novelties
- “Joe’s O’s” mini donuts with lemon sugar in addition to traditional cinnamon sugar mini donuts
- Cochinita Torta – pork roasted with mayan spices served on a Mexican tollera bun with re-fried black beans, pickled purple onions, avocado
- Barbacoa Torta – beef roasted in banana leaves with various Mexican spices served on Mexican tollera with beans, lettuce, salsa mexicana, avocado
- Tacos – served with both meats described above – gluten free
- Quesadilla Dorada- gluten free and vegetarian – corn tortilla stuffed with potato and feta cheese then fried and finished with more feta, sour cream and salsa Mexicana
- Pollo flautas – gluten free – corn tortillas stuffed with chicken then rolled and fried and finished with feta cheese, sour cream and salsa Mexicana
- CoCoCa Banana ice cream sandwich – Chocolate chip cookies, banana ice cream & drizzled chocolate shell.
- The Churchill ice cream sandwich – Double chocolate cookies, peanut butter ice cream, rolled in pretzels.
- Double Double ice cream sandwich – Gluten free chocolate chip cookies, cappuccino ice cream, rolled in coconut.
- Also our regulars: Vanilla and chocolate ice cream with chocolate chip and double chocolate cookies.
- Chicken shawarma
- Beef shawarma
- Philly cheese steak, hummus on naan bread, gluten free Shawarma salad
- Shawarma poutine
- Fattoush salad
- Pork Belly Slider – pickled carrot & daikon, chili mayo, cilantro
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken Slider – slaw & house-made pickles
Both are served with your choice of hand cut fries or potato crisps
- Traditional Belgian Liege Waffles with your choice of Strawberry, Blueberry or Peaches along with whipped cream topping and chocolate, caramel or maple syrup
- Fruit Margarita Waffle – Traditional Belgian Liege waffle with cream cheese Grand Marnier mousse, topped with mixed fruits and sauce
- THE KAHUNA – This bad boy has over ¼ lb beef in a homemade patty, Smoked White Cheddar Cheese, Alder Smoked Bacon and finished off with our own Garlic Aioli on a Toasted Sesame Bun
- THE BIG KAHUNA – same as above but add a Kubbie Patty and a slice of Real Cheddar Cheese – this is for the guy/gal that wants a little more Aloha.
- THAI SHRIMP BURGER – Hand Chopped Shrimp Patty, with a Thai Chili Cilantro Peanut Sauce and topped with Ground Dry Roasted Peanuts in a Toasted Bun and served with Asian Noodles
- MUSHROOM RISOTTO BALLS – Delicious Deep Fried Mushroom Risotto balls with Creamy Bocconcini Centre served with our very own Truck Made Marinara Sauce
- Classic Mini Donuts – Cinnamon sugar, white sugar, icing sugar, or plain
- Gourmet mini donuts – Death by donut: Mini donuts smothered in caramel sauce and chocolate sauce, sprinkled with Skor pieces and topped off with mounds of whipped cream!
- Strawberry Shortcake – Mini donuts smothered with strawberry topping, sprinkled with icing sugar and topped off with mounds of whipped cream!
- Maple Bacon – Mini donuts smothered in warm maple syrup, crisp bits of bacon, icing sugar and topped off with mounds of whipped cream!
- Fresh squeezed lemonade
- Jalisco Style Taco – Chicken Adobado, Machaca Beef, Chile Verde and melted Monterrey Jack Cheese between two corn tortilla topped with Guacamole, Salsa Fresca and Sour Cream.
- Tortilla Soup – Zesty broth with shredded chicken, avocado, crisp tortilla strips topped with sour cream and cilantro.
- Lamb slider – Lamb and mint slider with sweet chili aioli, grilled pineapple slaw and candied jalapeno
- Pork Slider – Pork, apple and sage slider with roasted garlic aioli and brie
- Mini Steak pie – Tender beef and mushrooms in a stout and rosemary gravy topped with puff pastry
- Knosh’s potato crisps with roasted garlic and malt vinegar dip
- Sticky toffee pudding with vanilla bourbon custard
- Traditional Poutine: Hand-cut fries topped with cheese curds and gravy (this item is vegetarian)
- Vegan Poutine: Hand-cut fries topped with Daiya vegan cheese and vegan gravy. (this item is vegan)
- Canadian Poutine: Traditional Poutine topped with bacon bits.
- Supreme Poutine: Traditional Poutine topped with bacon bits, sour cream and green onion.
- Wild Mushroom Poutine: Traditional Poutine topped with 3 varieties of sauteed mushrooms. (this item is vegetarian)
- Kefteddy Burger – Beef, pork and bacon patty on a brioche with tzatziki and fresh cabbage mix
- Slow roasted lamb – On top of little lemon potatoes and tzatziki
- Lamb gyro – Slow roasted lamb wrapped in pita with tzatziki and fresh cabbage mix
- Lil’ roasted lambwich – Slow roasted lamb on a brioche with pickled cabbage, feta, and mint
- Chicken Souvlaki – Wrapped in pita with tzatziki and fresh cabbage mix
- Falafel – Chickpea patties wrapped in pita with tzatziki and fresh cabbage mix
- Little lemon roasted potatoes – With tzatziki
- Chicken Kokorec (Turkish Sandwich) – Roasted chicken & chicken offal, seasoned w/ fresh herbs, garlic, salt & pepper, in an Italian bun
- The Grand Spam (Hawaiian Spam Burger) – Pork belly, grilled Spam & pineapple, Swiss cheese & Sriracha mayo in a Kaiser bun
- Cookie Dough Macaron – Chocolate macarons filled w/cookie dough spread. #gf #nutfree
- Pandan Chiffon Cake – Chiffon cake flavoured w/ pandan leaves
- Crispy cheeseburger slider – Huge ring of crispy cheese around a beef slider topped with guacamole, mayonnaise, bacon, lettuce and tomato
- Peanut butter bacon slider – Beef slider with cheddar cheese, bacon, peanut butter and diced red onion
- Seven cheese Mac and cheese – Seven cheeses with macaroni
- Salt and pepper dry ribs
- Cold Couscous tzatziki salad. Couscous mixed with fresh peas, diced black olives, green onion, red and yellow peppers and topped with tzatziki.
- Skor-bacon cookies / salted caramel ice cream
- Triple chocolate cookies / black cherry ice cream
- Rum soaked raisin oatmeal cookies / coconut ice cream
- Coconut oatmeal cookies / maple walnut ice cream
- Chocolate chunk cookies / vanilla ice cream
Other flavors of ice cream and sorbet will be available to make your ice cream sandwich truly custom!
- BLT wrap
- Chick’n ceaser pita
- Vegan jambalaya on rice
- Quinoa avocado salad
- Hand cut fries
- Curry chips
- The Irish
- Cookies from Bloom Cookie co.
- Pulled chicken lettuce wraps
- Veggie wraps
- Hummus wrap
- Pipeline smoothie. Strawberry banana
- Hang ten. Mango
- Pineapple Express. Pineapple and coconut milk
- Riptid. Blueberry
- ROOTBEER-BRAISED BRISKET – pickled daikon radish/lettuce/horseradish aioli
- GREEN CURRY DELI-CHICKEN – pickled bamboo/green curry mayo/lettuce/Thai herbs
- CHICKPEA MASALA (vegetarian) – sriracha cream cheese/fresh pear/fresh coriander
- PEANUT BUTTER-BROWNIE ICE CREAM SANDWICH
- “KARDASHIAN” ICE BROWNIE
- Lemon Grass Chicken/Beef/Pork/Tofu Skewers
- Slow Roasted Pulled Pork Subs Done up Banh Mi style (AKA Vietnamese Subs)
- Chicken/Beef/Pork Fresh Grilled Viet Subs
- Salad Rolls (Shrimp/Chicken/Beef/Pork/Tofu)
- Pork or Vegetarian Spring Rolls
- Onion Cakes
- Vermicelli and Fresh Cut Veggies
- Avocado/Coconut/Mango/Pandan Ice Cream
- Umami Beef Stroganoff – Braised Beef in Umami Creamy Sauce over Rice.
- Gyu-Don – Japanese Beef Rice Bowl
- Miso Pulled Pork Sandwich – Miso marinated slow roasted pork on ciabatta bread
- Yakiniku Wrap – Japanese Philly Steak & Fresh Veggie in a Wrap
- Sesame Fish Tacos – Sesame Teriyaki flavored Mahimahi & Japanese crunchy slaw on corn tortillas. Gluten-free available.
Are you drooling yet? We will also be posting a printable site map with the menus prior to the event. Check back for updates!
8 thoughts on “September 12th, 2014 What The Truck?! Menus”
So… as the event is tomorrow, when will you be posting the printable site map with menus?
Sorry for the delay! It’s up now: http://www.whatthetruck.ca/2014/09/11/september-12-2014-what-the-truck-final-details/