The sun is coming out strong this year and so is What the Truck?! Our kick-off event for 2018 is this Saturday. Are you ready?! Head over to our Facebook event, RSVP and share with your friends!
What: What the Truck?! 2018 Kick-Off Event
Where: Capital Boulevard (99 Avenue and 108 Street, Edmonton, AB)
When: Saturday, May 26, 2018
Time: 3PM – 8PM
If you haven’t already, check out this year’s season openers and all the delicious dishes they have to offer! You can also download a copy of the menu and sitemap in PDF format for quick access.
Download the What The Truck?! at Capital BoulevardSite Map & Menu PDF Here!
DONATE TO EDMONTON FOOD BANK & ENTER TO WIN THE GOLDEN TICKET!
- The Edmonton Food Bank will be on site collecting both food and monetary donations. This year, we’re making it interesting and will be drawing one lucky donor to win a Golden Ticket!
- Bring a non-perishable item or make a monetary donation and the Edmonton Food Bank will award you with an entry for a chance to win the Golden Ticket. The more you donate, the more entries you’ll receive, so donate donate donate!
- Winner of the Golden Ticket and three friends will have VIP Reserved Seating at our next event (Friday, July 6 at Edmonton Valley Zoo) and a Skip The Line access pass, where a WTT Team Member will escort you to the front of the line. No need to search for a spot to eat and no need to wait in line!
- One (1) winner will be selected randomly from all eligible entries and announced on our blog and social media platforms. Winner must contact What The Truck?! within 48 hours of announcement to claim prize or otherwise forfeit their winnings.
- No purchase necessary for contest entry.
A FEW FINAL TIDBITS FOR WHAT THE TRUCK?! AT CAPITAL BOULEVARD.
- Transportation & Parking: The closest LRT station is Grandin, just two blocks to the west. Corona is also close, just a couple of blocks north. Street parking is available on surrounding streets, but note there is no parking right at the event site.
- Public Washrooms & ATM: Available inside the Alberta Legislative Assembly Visitor Centre at the Edmonton Federal Building. Please note that there is only one ATM in this building, so it’s best to prepare with cash ahead of time!
- What the Fork?!: We’ve heard your feedback and requests to help our events be more environmentally friendly, so one of our volunteers has organized a cutlery rental booth! Re-usable forks, knives and spoons are available for rent for a $2 deposit (which will be returned to you when you return your cutlery) to help reduce the amount of cutlery that is thrown out over the course of the event.
- Waste: Help our volunteers keep the site clean by putting your trash and recyclables in the appropriate bins!
- Fur-mily Friendly: This our only pet-friendly event of the season, so bring your fur-balls! Please keep all dogs and pets on a leash and be sure to clean up after your furry friends.
- Entertainment: It’s not a party without some tunes. The Tsunami Brothers will be providing live music at 5PM and 6:15PM showtimes! Come get your surf on and cool down with the Centennial Plaza fountains!
- Lost/Found People & Property: If you find any lost people, pets, or property, please return it to the What the Truck?! Info tent (marked with our logo on the sitemap). Likewise, if you have lost something, please come visit us at the Info tent!
- Seating: There’s plenty of seating in and around the Federal Building plaza. Please be mindful as they do not allow the on-site use of bikes, skateboards, and rollerblades in the plaza, so you will need to dismount and walk your wheeled items through the event space.
- Be weather wise: Last but not least, please dress appropriately for the weather. Shades, hats, and SPF recommended! We’re ready to feed you, rain or shine!
FIRST TIME AT A WHAT THE TRUCK?! EVENT? HAVE NO FEAR!
Here are some Tips & Tricks as well as our Frequently Asked Questions. If you have any other questions while you’re at the event, you can always tweet us at @whatthetruckyeg or find one of our team members in our What the Truck?! gear (yellow shirts or jackets).
As always, tag us in your photos on Twitter or Instagram or use the hashtag #whatthetruck! We’d love to see what you’re eating and what your favourite dishes are from all the trucks.
Our 2018 kick-off event wouldn’t be possible without help from the Legislative Assembly Visitor’s Centre, and of course – you!
See you there!