We’re feeling the summer vibes and can’t wait for the 2018 mid-season event this Friday! Are you ready to hang out with our friends in the zoo?! Head over to our Facebook event, RSVP and share with your friends!
You do not have to pay admission to attend the event, however donations to the Valley Zoo Development Society will be gratefully accepted!
What: What the Truck?! 2018 Mid-Season Event
Where: Edmonton Valley Zoo (13315 Buena Vista Road & 87th Avenue, Edmonton, AB)
When: Friday, July 6, 2018
Time: 5PM – 10PM
DONATE TO EDMONTON FOOD BANK & ENTER TO WIN THE GOLDEN TICKET!
- The Edmonton Food Bank will be on site collecting both food and monetary donations. This year, we’re making it interesting and will be drawing one lucky donor to win a Golden Ticket!
- Bring a non-perishable item or make a monetary donation and the Edmonton Food Bank will award you with an entry for a chance to win the Golden Ticket. The more you donate, the more entries you’ll receive, so donate donate donate!
- Winner of the Golden Ticket and three friends will have VIP Reserved Seating at our next event (Sunday, August 26 at Re/Max Field) and a Skip The Line access pass, where a WTT Team Member will escort you to the front of the line. No need to search for a spot to eat and no need to wait in line!
- One (1) winner will be selected randomly from all eligible entries and announced on our blog and social media platforms. Winner must contact What The Truck?! within 48 hours of announcement to claim prize or otherwise forfeit their winnings.
- No purchase necessary for contest entry.
A FEW FINAL TIDBITS FOR WHAT THE TRUCK?! AT EDMONTON VALLEY ZOO.
- Transportation & Parking: Parking on-site at the Edmonton Valley Zoo is free of charge, but we caution everyone that the number of spaces (even with overflow parking) is limited to several hundred vehicles. You may also park nearby along Buena Vista Drive (observing all parking restrictions, and without impeding private property) and walk up/down the hill, or over at William Hawrelak Park and walk across the footbridge following the path through Sir Wilfred Laurier Park through to the Zoo. There is an ETS bus route that does come to the Zoo, with the last service ending at 6PM.
- Public Washrooms: Public washrooms will be fully staffed and accessible.
- Compostable Cutlery Booth: The Valley Zoo Development Society will be running a booth offering compostable cutlery for a donation, and is located just inside the front gate. We encourage everyone to reduce the amount of waste that we’re producing by using compostable cutlery and re-using it for multiple food items!
- Waste: Help our volunteers keep the site clean by putting your trash and recyclables in the appropriate bins!
- Entertainment: The resident DJ for our events is ElectroKinetica (Ohmera Entertainment), and he will be providing us with sick tunes at the outdoor amphitheatre.
- Agents of Discovery App: Want to learn more about the animals you’re seeing while at the Edmonton Valley Zoo? Download the Agents of Discovery App and play along as you wander through the Zoo.
- Lost/Found People & Property: If you find any lost people or property, please return it to the What the Truck?! Info tent (marked with our logo on the sitemap). Likewise, if you have lost something, please come visit us at the Info tent!
- Seating: There are tons of places to sit and eat throughout the Zoo grounds! With benches along most of the pathways, as well as picnic tables and extra seating in the front entry plaza, up by the big event tent and the amphitheatre, plus tons of green space to lay down a blanket and sit closer to the animals, there will be options to suit everyone.
- Be weather wise: Last but not least, please dress appropriately for the weather. Shades, hats, and SPF recommended! We’re ready to feed you, rain or shine!
FIRST TIME AT A WHAT THE TRUCK?! EVENT? HAVE NO FEAR!
Here are some Tips & Tricks as well as our Frequently Asked Questions. If you have any other questions while you’re at the event, you can always tweet us at @whatthetruckyeg or find one of our team members in our What the Truck?! gear (yellow shirts or jackets).
Our 2018 mid-season event wouldn’t be possible without help from the staff at the Edmonton Valley Zoo, and of course – you!
See you there!