Aren’t you just loving this weather? We sure are! Tomorrow looks like it’ll be the perfect evening to enjoy some of the best street food Edmonton has to offer. We hope you’ll join us in Churchill Square from 5pm to 9pm to indulge in this amazing menu!
Nightfall comes earlier these days…stay shortly after the event to see the Square all lit up!
We wanted to take this opportunity to thank a few folks for their help in making tomorrow’s event happen. Of course the City has always been a good partner, and they’ve been very helpful this time around as expected. We also want to thank DECL for once again sponsoring us and lending their support! As you know we like to keep our venues tidy, so we have one again engaged Tri-Line Disposal to provide us with some equipment for that.
We also want to give a big shout out to a new partner – Northlands! They’ve stepped up to help us with line control and are providing stanchions for our use. Follow them on Twitter at @Northlands and thank them when your line is clearly marked tomorrow!
Last but not least we want to give a plug to DJ’s Raebot and wijit who will be spinning tunes for us all evening long. We’re glad to have them on board!
If you’re at all interested in volunteering for the event – setup, cleanup – please let us know by sending Mack an email.
Imagine this…but full of food trucks and people!
We hope to see you down on the square tomorrow!
Join us on Saturday, September 8, 2012 from 5-9pm in Churchill Square for our biggest What the Truck?! ever!
We will have a dozen vendors total, and three of them are new to our festival: Bully Food Truck, Little Village Food Truck and Yellowbird Cafe Truck. We’re so happy to have them on board!
Here’s the lineup and menu (please note menus are subject to change):
- Chili con carne
- Creole shrimp sandwich
- Homemade rosemary sweet potato fries
- Barley Salad
- Chicken Cacciatore calzone
- Vegetariano calzone (vegetarian)
- Nutella tiramisu
Bully Food Truck
- Buttermilk and fresh basil marinated grilled salmon – served on a bed of fresh greens and seasonal tomato vinaigrette
- Whiskey and pecan grilled pork – served with cornbread stuffing and whiskey maple sauce
- Chicken X – fresh chicken breast stuffed with garlic, dill cream cheese, shrimp, wrapped with turkey bacon topped with hollandaise sauce and served on mixed grain rice
- Mini stuffed peanut butter cookie cupcake with French chocolate
- Mini donuts – cinnamon sugar; caramel and chocolate sauces; danish icing; peanut butter and chocolate sauces with whipped cream; peanut butter and jam; banana cream pie
- Pretzels – plain; butter and salt; garlic butter, soft garlic cheese and parmesan; stuffed with cheddar and coated with butter, sour cream, bacon bits and green onion
- Fudge from Phil’s Fudge Factory
- Cotton Candy
- Ice Cream Novelties
- Phil’s Lemonade Bombs
- Vanilla Liege waffles
- Vanilla Liege waffle with whipped cream, fruit or sauce (toppings include fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, peaches, whipping cream, maple syrup, chocolate and caramel)
- Chicken Kare Kare – roasted chicken, eggplant and green beans served in a rich peanut sauce
- Ginataan Gulay – kabocha squash, okra, eggplant and green beans served in a coconut ginger sauce
- Veggie spring rolls (vegetarian)
- Singapore noodles (gluten free and vegetarian)
- Spicy Szechuan chicken
- Dry Spicy Chicken
- Siu Mai (shrimp and pork dumplings)
Little Village Food Truck
- Lil’ lambwich
- Kefteddy burger
- Slow roasted lamb and potatoes
- Little Village potatoes
- Shrimp and scallop ceviche
- Pork Cassoulet – hearty bean & rice cassoulet topped w/pork belly, Irvings Farm Fresh pork sausage & slow roasted pork shoulder (gluten-free)
- Deep Fried Wontons – shrimp & ground pork filled wontons, served with Molly’s house sauce
- Thai Green Mango & Papaya Salad Thai chili spiced w/dried shrimp, toasted pumpkin seeds & cilantro (gluten-free, dairy-free)
- White Chocolate Lemon Cookies – lemon cookies filled w/Callebaut white chocolate chunks
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies – chocolate cookie filled w/milk chocolate chips (gluten-free)
- Smoked Beef & Dumplings – natural beef slow smoked until tender with hand-made Austrian style dumplings
- Crack ‘n Cheese – house made mac featuring local cheese with pork cracklings
- Smoked turkey gumbo on dirty rice
- Smoked BBQ St. Louis ribs and rice
Yellowbird Cafe Truck
- Cioppino – seafood tomato soup
- Pesto Rosso Sandwich – with prosciutto, turkey ham, arugula, sundried tomato pesto and Parmesan cheese
- Basil Chicken Sandwich – with homemade chicken salad, avocado, lettuce and basil pesto
- Yellowbird Grand Slam Nachos – with homemade chili, tomato, red onion, salsa, sour cream, nacho cheese and jalapeno
Make sure you come hungry! See you on the Square!