Even though we’re in the thick of winter, there are still means of getting your food truck fix! Here are a few ideas:
- On the Spot Pop Up is hosting a Maker’s Faire at the Boyle Street Plaza (9538 103A Avenue) on February 8-9, 2014. Treats from Molly’s Eats will be found at the pop-up coffee shop.
- Several food truck vendors will be participating in the upcoming Hawker’s Market on February 22, 2013 at the Mercer Warehouse. Look forward to sampling wares from Bully, Casa Doce, Drift, and new 2014 truck Parts and Service.
- Keep an eye out on Twitter for more details about Hijacked, “a slow takeover” on March 8, 2014, an event being organized by Shovel and Fork. Drift will be serving a set menu alongside Alley Kat Beer.
- Earth’s General Store (9605 82 Avenue) now stocks Sailin’ On‘s popular coconut bacon.
- And of course, Woodwork, the restaurant made up of Nomad’s Mike Scorgie and barman Andrew Borley, has been open since December. If you’ve been missing Nomad’s crack ‘n’ cheese, you can now remedy that craving.