One of the things you may not know about our What the Truck?! events is that we seek to minimize menu duplication. We know food festivals such as this one are better when people have more variety and options, so we ask trucks to submit their menus in advance, and ask that similar items be changed or dropped.
But recently, we were thinking – why couldn’t we use this duplication to our advantage? Why not throw a bit of friendly competition into the mix? And with that, Truck Stop: Throwdown Edition was born.
Join us on August 15, 2012 for a pulled pork throwdown, where The Act, Nomad and Smokehouse BBQ will be putting their best sandwiches forward in the hopes of winning your vote!
What: Truck Stop: Throwdown Edition
When: Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Where: Edmonton Public Schools Archives (10425 99 Avenue)
The three trucks will be serving up slider-sized portions of their pulled pork, so you’ll have enough room to consider all three if you so choose!
To vote, we ask that you donate at least $2 to the Edmonton Public Schools Foundation in exchange for a ballot. Given the location of this event, we thought it was the perfect opportunity to partner with a charity with a great cause – learn more about how the Foundation supports early learning and full-day kindergarten here.
Stay tuned for more details this week on what else you can expect at Truck Stop!
Join us on Saturday, September 8, 2012 from 5-9pm in Churchill Square for our biggest What the Truck?! ever!
We will have a dozen vendors total, and three of them are new to our festival: Bully Food Truck, Little Village Food Truck and Yellowbird Cafe Truck. We’re so happy to have them on board!
Here’s the lineup and menu (please note menus are subject to change):
- Chili con carne
- Creole shrimp sandwich
- Homemade rosemary sweet potato fries
- Barley Salad
- Chicken Cacciatore calzone
- Vegetariano calzone (vegetarian)
- Nutella tiramisu
Bully Food Truck
- Buttermilk and fresh basil marinated grilled salmon – served on a bed of fresh greens and seasonal tomato vinaigrette
- Whiskey and pecan grilled pork – served with cornbread stuffing and whiskey maple sauce
- Chicken X – fresh chicken breast stuffed with garlic, dill cream cheese, shrimp, wrapped with turkey bacon topped with hollandaise sauce and served on mixed grain rice
- Mini stuffed peanut butter cookie cupcake with French chocolate
- Mini donuts – cinnamon sugar; caramel and chocolate sauces; danish icing; peanut butter and chocolate sauces with whipped cream; peanut butter and jam; banana cream pie
- Pretzels – plain; butter and salt; garlic butter, soft garlic cheese and parmesan; stuffed with cheddar and coated with butter, sour cream, bacon bits and green onion
- Fudge from Phil’s Fudge Factory
- Cotton Candy
- Ice Cream Novelties
- Phil’s Lemonade Bombs
- Vanilla Liege waffles
- Vanilla Liege waffle with whipped cream, fruit or sauce (toppings include fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, peaches, whipping cream, maple syrup, chocolate and caramel)
- Chicken Kare Kare – roasted chicken, eggplant and green beans served in a rich peanut sauce
- Ginataan Gulay – kabocha squash, okra, eggplant and green beans served in a coconut ginger sauce
- Veggie spring rolls (vegetarian)
- Singapore noodles (gluten free and vegetarian)
- Spicy Szechuan chicken
- Dry Spicy Chicken
- Siu Mai (shrimp and pork dumplings)
Little Village Food Truck
- Lil’ lambwich
- Kefteddy burger
- Slow roasted lamb and potatoes
- Little Village potatoes
- Shrimp and scallop ceviche
- Pork Cassoulet – hearty bean & rice cassoulet topped w/pork belly, Irvings Farm Fresh pork sausage & slow roasted pork shoulder (gluten-free)
- Deep Fried Wontons – shrimp & ground pork filled wontons, served with Molly’s house sauce
- Thai Green Mango & Papaya Salad Thai chili spiced w/dried shrimp, toasted pumpkin seeds & cilantro (gluten-free, dairy-free)
- White Chocolate Lemon Cookies – lemon cookies filled w/Callebaut white chocolate chunks
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies – chocolate cookie filled w/milk chocolate chips (gluten-free)
- Smoked Beef & Dumplings – natural beef slow smoked until tender with hand-made Austrian style dumplings
- Crack ‘n Cheese – house made mac featuring local cheese with pork cracklings
- Smoked turkey gumbo on dirty rice
- Smoked BBQ St. Louis ribs and rice
Yellowbird Cafe Truck
- Cioppino – seafood tomato soup
- Pesto Rosso Sandwich – with prosciutto, turkey ham, arugula, sundried tomato pesto and Parmesan cheese
- Basil Chicken Sandwich – with homemade chicken salad, avocado, lettuce and basil pesto
- Yellowbird Grand Slam Nachos – with homemade chili, tomato, red onion, salsa, sour cream, nacho cheese and jalapeno
Make sure you come hungry! See you on the Square!
You read that right – due to popular demand, we are announcing an additional Truck Stop date!
What: Truck Stop
Where: McIntyre Park, 8303 104 Street
When: June 6, 2012
Time: 5-8 p.m.
The night of the week has changed to Wednesday, but expect the same great street eats. We have also shortened the event run time to 8pm.
On June 6, the participating vendors are as follows:
We’ll be posting menus up on Monday, so check back then to see what you can look forward to this week!
Also keep in mind that our first What the Truck?! extravaganza is taking place on Saturday, June 9. We will also be announcing other event dates soon.
The weather’s warming up, and you know what that means: ‘tis the season for food trucks!
We’re gearing up for our first big What the Truck?! event in June, but leading up to that, we wanted to offer some other opportunities to get your street food fix!
So we are happy to announce a series of Truck Stops, our mini food truck festivals, which will take place in Old Strathcona. Every Thursday from 5-9 p.m. in May, you’ll be guaranteed great eats at McIntyre Park, where four trucks will be serving up dishes both savoury and sweet.
What: Truck Stop
Where: McIntyre Park, 8303 104 Street
When: May 3, 10, 17, 24, and 31, 2012
Time: 5-9 p.m.
The vendors will change from week to week, so be sure to swing by on different days to sample all of your favourite trucks. On deck this Thursday, May 3: Drift, Eva Sweet, Fat Franks and Molly’s Eats. Check back tomorrow for menu details.
A special thanks to the Old Strathcona Business Association for their sponsorship of these events.
Hope to see you there!