We’re excited to see all of you tomorrow in The Quarters for our next Truck Stop, taking place at the Boyle Renaissance building (103A Avenue between 95 Street & 96 Street) from 5pm to 8pm.
Here are some details about the event we wanted to highlight:
- We encourage you to take public transit or to walk, but if you want to drive there is of course street parking available in the area, as well as at the old York Hotel site (10401 96 Street). The lot is directly north of Fire Hall #1, and it’s first-come, first-served.
- While you’re at the event, there’s lots to do! Of course you’ll want to eat – here are the menus.
- There will be picnic tables on site for your use.
- City staff and YMCA volunteers will be on-hand to provide tours of the new building.
- There will also be children’s activities at the building, including face painting!
- Our friends at 104.9 Virgin Radio will be on-site providing some tunes.
The forecast looks great (knock-on-wood) so come and enjoy tasty eats from four of Edmonton’s newest food trucks. We hope to see you there!
There are so many exciting events that take place throughout the city in July that deciding what you’re going to attend can be difficult! We hope that our next event will make the cut:
What: Truck Stop: Boyle Renaissance
Where: Boyle Renaissance Plaza, 103A Avenue & 95 Street
When: Thursday, July 25, 2013
We’re really looking forward to bringing food trucks to The Quarters! Truck Stops are smaller events, and this one will feature four trucks. We’ll announce the lineup and menus in the coming weeks.
What is Boyle Renaissance?
Boyle Renaissance is a special planning area within The Quarters Downtown Community Revitalization Levy Area Plan. This City-led redevelopment is located between 95 Street and 96 Street, extending from 103A Avenue north to the LRT tracks. The Boyle Renaissance redevelopment is underway and will create a community that brings together a range of affordable and market housing opportunities.
Here’s a photo I took in March of the new Boyle Renaissance Plaza:
You can learn more about the project here. Here’s a quick video about the project:
There will be lots of ways to explore the building and find out what’s in store for The Quarters at the event, all while enjoying tasty food truck eats.
We hope to see you there!