Our second What the Truck?! is just days away – we hope you’re ready!
What: What the Truck?! at Capital Boulevard
Where: 108 Street & 99 Avenue
When: Sunday, June 14, 2015
RSVP on Facebook!
To help you plan your experience with the 14 trucks joining us on Sunday, we’ve created a PDF you can print and bring with you. We will have an on-site ATM, but some of the trucks do accept debit or credit, as we’ve noted in the PDF.
If this is your first What the Truck?!, we recommend checking out our Tips and Tricks and FAQ. If you do have a question while at the event, flag down one of the organizers, all who will be wearing yellow What the Truck?! jackets, or visit us at our Information Booth. We’ll have cards ready to collect your feedback, and when completed, will give you the chance to win a coveted Golden Ticket to our final event of the season.
While you eat, you’ll be enjoying the tunes being spun by DJs Thomas Culture, Polyesterday and Chesterfield.
Remember to tag us in your photos on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #whatthetruck! We’d love to see what you’re eating.
See you Sunday!
We’re ending the food truck season with the biggest event of the year (and in What the Truck history)!
What: What the Truck?! at Churchill Square
Where: Sir Winston Churchill Square Edmonton
When: Friday, September 12, 2014
RSVP on Facebook!
We’re happy to include 25 trucks (yes, you read that right) in our last event of 2014:
We hope you’re as excited as we are for our final What the Truck?! event of the year.
Stay tuned for menus!
We are counting down the days to this Friday’s What the Truck?!, taking place on June 14, 2013 from 4-8pm at McIntyre Park (8303 104 Street).
To give you a head start on deciding what to eat, check out the menus of the twelve participating trucks below.
The Act Out & About
- Big Fish – cornmeal crusted halibut with sundried tomato salsa and pesto mayo (veggie patty can be substituted)
- Bratwurst Burger – housemade bratwurst patty with a stewed onion/apple sauerkraut, Dijon mayo and tomato
- Fries with pesto mayo
- Bourbon Pecan Pork – with Bully Mac and a Coca Cola bourbon barbecue sauce
- Monroeville Colony turkey and bacon sausage meatball lollipops – served with Whoopass mushroom salad
- Philly Beef Yorkshire – AAA Alberta beef brisket slow roasted and dry rubbed with organic Doi Chaang coffee and Bully’s blend of spices, served with Yorkshire pudding cups, onions, peppers, Bully cheese sauce and pesto aioli
- Ahi Tuna Tortilla Rolls – Mexican-inspired tortilla stuffed rolls with mango, lime, cilantro, papaya, crème fresh served with sweet chili dipping sauce
- Mini Donuts – cinnamon sugar; caramel and chocolate sauces; danish icing; peanut butter and chocolate sauces with whipped cream; peanut butter and jam;
- Fresh squeezed lemonade
- Cotton candy
- Caramel popcorn
- Fudge from Phil’s Fudge Factory
- Ice cream novelties
- Pork Belly Sandwich and Fries
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken and Fries
- Falafel Sandwich and Fries
- Vanilla Liege Waffle – dipped in chocolate (milk chocolate, white chocolate and dark chocolate)
- Vanilla Liege Waffle – with strawberry whipped cream cream and chocolate sauce
- Cinnamon Liege Waffle
- Maple Liege Waffle
The Food Fighter
- Chicken Parmigiana Sandwich
- Eggplant Parmigiana Sandwich
- The Tamburri – grilled steak sandwich served with chimmichurri and arugula
- Grilled Veggie Sandwich
- Slow-roasted Lamb and Potatoes
- Kefteddy Burgers
- Little Lemon Roasted Potatoes
The Lingnan Express
- Pork Dumplings
- Sticky Rice
- Dry Spicy (Crack) Chicken
The Local Omnivore
- Cheesy Beef – hand-sliced sirloin with green peppers, onions, and cheddar
- Super Smoked B.L.T with cheddar
- Pork Menudo (gluten-free) – ground pork, pork liver and heart, veggies and potatoes served over rice
- Mici – smoked mini caseless sausages (pork, beef and lamb) served with Three Boars mustard and a side of fries
- Mapo Tofu – ground pork and tofu in a Sichuan spicy bean paste served over rice
- French Chocolate Cake with Caramel Sauce (gluten-free)
- Rice Krispie and Puffed Wheat Squares
- Montreal Smoked Meat – with caraway slaw, smoked mayo and house-made pickle
- Crack n’ Cheese – with farm gouda, Berkshire pork crackling, Gull Valley tomato and bread crumb
- Chilled Molasses Tea
- Coconut Bacon BLT – smoked coconut bacon, lettuce, tomato, carrot and homemade roasted garlic vegan mayo in a flour tortilla
- Seitan Reuben – Seitan “corned beef”, vegan Havarti, sauerkraut, homemade vegan Thousand Island dressing on grilled marble rye and served with a pickle
- Curry Chips – fries covered in homemade curry sauce; a UK favourite!
- Fries – fresh handcut fries
No, we never said it was going to be an easy decision. See you on Friday!
We hope you’ve marked your calendars for our first What the Truck?! of the summer, taking place on June 14, 2013 from 4-8pm at McIntyre Park (8303 104 Street).
We know you’ll be as thrilled as we are with the line-up of the event. The twelve trucks include several of the newest vendors to hit the streets this year, and many of our old favourites:
Check back next Monday for a full list of menus. Get your appetites ready!
‘Tis the season for food trucks, so we’re excited to announce the first date of our first big What the Truck?! event of the summer.
What: What the Truck?!
Where: McIntyre Park, 8303 104 Street
When: Friday, June 14, 2013
Based on our successful series of Truck Stop events in Old Strathcona last May and June, we wanted to return to the bustling neighbourhood with a larger fleet of trucks in tow.
Twelve trucks will be joining us on June 14, along with the slick beats of DJ Thomas Scott (Urban Monks), Rob Clarke and Polyesterday.
Check back next week for the full truck line-up, but in the meantime, we’d like to extend a big thank you to the Old Strathcona Business Association who partnered with us on this event, and to the Strathcona Community League, who has stepped forward as a sponsor. Without these organizations, this event would not have been possible!